The 11th International Conference on Lead-Acid Batteries - LABAT’2021, traditionally organized by the Lead-Acid Batteries Department (LABD) of the Institute of Electrochemistry and Energy Systems (IEES), was held entirely online on 8th through 11th June, 2021.
The conference was attended by more than 230 participants from 35 countries who took advantage of the most informative conference program including:
- 42 video presentations of technical papers (short versions broadcasted live and full versions available to view on-demand on the virtual platform)
- 19 poster presentations (available on-demand to view or download from the platform)
- 8 live Q&A sessions with participation of the authors to answer questions from the audience
- 3 plenary (keynote) lectures presented live
- 3 panel discussions with prominent battery experts broadcasted live
- 31 interactive exhibition stands hosted by leading battery companies and battery industry media
Furthermore, the virtual conference platform offered excellent networking opportunities for LABAT'2021 participants to establish business contacts and to view and discuss latest scientific and technological developments in 1:1 online meetings and video conversations.
The President of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Acad. Yulian Revalski, presented the prestigious Gaston Plante Medal to its 18th recipient, Dr. Herbert Giess, Giess Consulting, France within an emblematical for LABAT conferences special ceremony during which the results of the secret vote of the International Gaston Plante Medal Committee were announced.
For the first time, the delegates of the LABAT’2021 conference elected by an online voting poll the young scientist who performed best at the event to be awarded with the “Prof. Detcko Pavlov” Young Scientist Award for best oral presentation. The winners in the LABAT'2021 competition are Marcel Franke, Germany and Wenli Zhang, China.
During the LABAT`2021 conference, the “Alpha/Beta Society” announced the election of its 28th member – Dr. Francisco Trinidad, Spain – at an open New Member Induction Ceremony.
The Organizing Committee of the LABAT series of conferences is pleased
to announce that the next
12th International Conference on Lead-Acid Batteries - LABAT’2023
will be held during the second week of June 2023
Since 1989, the Lead-Acid Batteries Department of Institute of Electrochemistry and Energy Systems at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences has been organizing a series of triennial conferences on lead-acid batteries, named LABAT. The LABAT Conference is a globally recognized scientific forum gathering leading battery experts, technologists and academic researchers from all over the world. LABAT technical sessions offer you an insight into the latest research achievements and development trends in the field of lead-acid battery manufacture, operation and recycling, as well as an in-depth discussion of the new challenges facing lead-acid batteries, while the virtual exhibition will present a perfect opportunity for companies to showcase your new products and services.
Conference programme features:
- Original unpublished papers, critical reviews, state-of-art reports presented as either oral or poster communications.
- Live sessions on all four conference days to provide technical presentations followed by Q&A session.
- Plenary lectures and panel discussions.
- Conference exhibition where leading lead-acid battery manufacturers and suppliers of materials, equipment and technology for the battery industry promote their new products and services.
- Newtworking events