- The Lead-Acid Batteries Department (LABD) is a research unit within “Acad. Evgeny Budevski” Institute of Electrochemistry and Energy Systems (IEES) of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS).
- With its over 50 years of research and development experience the LABD team has gained world-wide recognition as a respected scientific “school” of lead-acid batteries.
- Our mission is to contribute to the development of this very important electrochemical power source technology by enriching the fundamental knowledge and generating new ideas and innovative design and technological solutions for the manufacture and exploitation of lead-acid batteries.
In the light of the latest advice from the World Health Organization regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and considering the various restrictions imposed by different governments in order to halt the spread of the coronavirus, the Organizing Committee of LABAT has taken the difficult decision to postpone the 11th International Conference on Lead-Acid Batteries (LABAT'2020) to 8-11 June 2021 and host it as LABAT'2021 VIRTUAL event.
• All authors of accepted oral and/or poster presentations are kindly requested to contact Dr. Geno Papazov (email@example.com) to confirm their participation in LABAT’2021 as speakers and inform him if they would need to change the title(s) of the proposed paper(s) by 31 January 2021.
• New paper proposals are also invited by 31 January 2021.
The information about the LABAT’2021 conference and exhibition will be updated on our website in due course. The LABAT’2021 conference agenda will be published in March 2021.
If you wish to receive email alerts of LABAT’2021 latest news and notifications of registration deadlines, please subscribe below to our LABAT mailing list.
Important info LABAT'2021 Speakers
founder and long-time leader of LABD
"With his incredible erudition, talent and devotion to science Prof. Detchko Pavlov created the Bulgarian school of lead-acid batteries that has gained world-wide fame and prestige. The mentor of several generations of electrochemists, one of the co-founders of the Institute of Electrochemistry and Energy Systems (IEES) of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS), the author of emblematical scientific works, a bright personality full of kindness and humanity, he will be treasured in our memories foreREAD MORE