Data protection is very important to us and we want to assure you that the processing of your personal data will be done lawfully, fairly and in a completely transparent manner. That is why we have a policy that defines how your personal data will be processed and protected.
Legal framework of the protection of personal data
As a part of a government research organization IEES-BAS, LABD carries out research, development and innovation activities and provides educational and consultation services on national and international level fully described on this website. In order to fulfill its duties LABD collects personally identifiable information about individuals only when such individuals purposely and voluntarily provide such information by:
- Emails, letters, ID cards sent to us through business correspondence
- Completed and submitted forms or questionnaires related to our business activities
- Data submitted to us in the form of feedback and/or auto replies sent by the same individuals
- Lead-acid battery community postings (e.g., forums, scientific publications, event proceedings, etc.)
- Identity and contact data from publicly availably sources.
We may collect personal data such as:
- Identity Data (company name, your first name, surname, job title and country).
- Contact Data (company name, postal and billing address, delivery address, professional email address and telephone numbers).
- Financial Data (your billing bank account) - Technical Data (internet protocol - IP address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website).
- Usage Data (information about your usage of data, including information about how you use our website, products and services).
- Marketing and Communications Data means your preferences in receiving marketing materials such as scientific events announcements and newsletters, etc.
We do not collect any personal data referring to race or ethnic origin, political attitudes or affiliation on, religious beliefs, membership of trade unions, medical history, genetic or marital status, sexual orientation, etc.
Personally identifiable information of individual users collected by LABD will not be sold or otherwise transferred to third parties without the approval of the user.
We may share some personal details with third parties (such as companies providing post services, hotel accommodation, etc.) only if it is necessary for the organization of a particular event related to our research and business activities. Also personal data may be provided to government and/or law enforcement authorities if required by applicable law.
More information about the policy of LABD of IEES-BAS website regarding cookies and third parties links in our site can be found here.
PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
The personal information you supply to us is used only for specific and clearly defined purposes, including:
- A database setup for announcing news about the events we organize, projects we initiate or services we offer;
- Setup and administration of accounts for event registrations and processing of the registrations, further correspondence with the registrants, LABD visitors/partners, etc.
Any time you receive some information from us by email, you have the opportunity to indicate whether you would like to "opt out" of receiving further promotional and/or alerting information about activities we initiate and events we organize.
Also some of the collected information may be used for providing, improving and maintaining our services e.g. data analysis identifying trends in usage of our website as well as calculations and statistics metrics over events activities we initiate or organize. This data is mainly quantitative, with no personalized information.
In the LABD of IEES-BAS we have introduced the necessary information security measures to prevent accidental loss, unauthorized access, use, misuse, disclosure, modification or disruption of your personal data. Access to the database containing personal information is restricted to several LABD staff members directly responsible for the organizational and marketing communications. Also the database is protected by applying conventional and modern technical means.
Given the nature of the Internet, we draw attention to the fact that there may be security gaps in the transmission of data online (for example, via e-mail) and that full protection of data from third party access is not possible.
TERMS OF STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will store your personal data only as long as necessary to achieve the purposes we have collected it for, as well as to comply with statutory, accounting or reporting requirements.
The appropriate time period for the storage of your personal data is determined taking into account the volume, nature and sensitivity of the data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the data, the purposes for which your personal data is collected and processed, the applicable legal requirements, as well as whether or not we can achieve these objectives by other means.
At the end of this time period LABD will use commercially reasonable efforts to functionally delete the user and his/her personal information from the database.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation guarantees a certain set of rights that you can exercise in relation to your personal data processed by us.
Specifically, you have:
- Right to request information about your stored data, its origin, its recipients, and the purpose of its collection. You may request a copy of the personal data we hold for you by sending us an email at email@example.com.
- Right to request rectification of inaccurate personal data and to have incomplete personal data completed. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please e-mail us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org We will take reasonable steps to check the accuracy of the information and, if necessary, correct it.
- Right to request erasure (right to be forgotten) of your personal data. You can ask us to delete that data if you consider there is no good reason for LABD continuing to process it, in some circumstances. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request. If you wish to exercise your right to be forgotten please contact us at our email email@example.com
- Right to object we to process (use) your personal data in some circumstances. If we agree to your objection, we must stop using your data for that purpose unless we can give strong and legitimate reasons to continue using your data despite your objections. You should inform us directly that you object to any more processing of your data at our email firstname.lastname@example.org. You need to set out in your objection why you believe we should stop using your data in this way. You have the absolute right to object we to use your data for direct marketing.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it. Please email your request to email@example.com
- Right to request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you want to exercise your right to data portability
- Right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with certain products or services. We will do everything possible to respond to your legitimate request within one month. In certain circumstances we may need extra time to consider it and can take up to an extra two months. If we are going to do this, we will let you know within one month that we need more time and why.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Verification of your identify
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
CONTACTS and SUBMISSION OF A COMPLAINT
In case any questions relating to this Privacy Policies arise or if you are not content with the way we use your personal data, please contact:
Bistra Nikolova Institute of Electrochemistry and Energy Systems (IEES-BAS)
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
Acad. G. Bonchev Street, block 10
Sofia 1113, BULGARIA
Telephone: +359 2 9792748
E-mail address: email@example.com
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Bulgarian Personal Data Protection Commission https://www.cpdp.bg - CPDP (address: 2, Prof. Tsvetan Lazarov" Blvd., 1592 Sofia, Bulgaria; Telephone: +359 2 9153518; Fax: +359 2 9153525; E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: https://www.cpdp.bg) We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the CPDP so please contact us in the first instance.
By reviewing and using the functions of our website, you expressly agree that your personal data will be collected and processed by us while ensuring its accuracy and credibility. You also declare that you have been informed of the type of personal data we collect and process, of the purposes for which they will be used, and of your right to access, correct or delete the stored personal data.