Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Prior to processing your booking for the virtual LABAT’2021 Conference, you must read the Terms and Conditions and agree to them by selecting the agreement box on the bottom part of the Online/Word Registration Form. If you are completing the registration on behalf of another individual(s) you are warranting that you have made the Participant(s) aware of these terms and that they have accepted these terms.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms & Conditions apply to every person registering as a delegate for the 11th International Conference on Lead-Acid Batteries – LABAT’2021 to be held June 8-11, 2021 as a virtual event, (hereafter referred to as “the conference”), hosted by the Lead-Acid Batteries Department (LABD) of the Institute of Electrochemistry and Energy Systems (IEES) at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS), Bulgaria.
The following Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) are a legal agreement between a registered delegate and LABAT’2021 Conference Secretariat (resp. IEES-BAS) as organizer of the event.
All dates or deadlines, mentioned in these terms and in other conference documents, refer to the Eastern European Time Zone (EET), resp. Eastern European Summer Time (EEST).
Virtual platform of LABAT'2021 is hosted by https://www.thevirtual.show
PARTICIAPANTS’ REGISTRATION FEES include:
• Access to all live technical sessions, panel discussions and conference ceremonies
• Access on-demand to pre-recorded video presentations, e-Posters and Extended Abstracts (in PDF format)
throughout the 4 conference days and up to 30 days after the event
• Access to video records of sessions from previous days
• Electronic copy of LABAT’2021 Conference Proceedings
• Q&A to speakers, poster presenters and exhibitors (or chat to attendees during conference days)
• Access to the virtual exhibition to view/download exhibitor’s presentations and/or promotional and give-away materials on-demand, as well as to chat or connect with exhibitor’s representatives or schedule a private 1:1 meeting
• Networking opportunities with search & connect and adding contacts options
• Right to attend interactive polls
The registration fee for exhibitors includes additional services described on page Exhibitors Package.
All Conference Fee Rates are announced in the Fees and Payment Info section of LABAT’2021 Conference web-site as well as in the registration forms. The early bird (reduced), regular or late registration fees are only applicable if they have been paid in EUR by bank transfer or by credit/debit card to the IEES-BAS account before the respective deadline dates listed below:
Early bird fee deadline April 15, 2021
Regular fee deadline May 15, 2021
Late fee deadline June 10, 2021
The announced registration fees are VAT exclusive and 20% Bulgarian VAT will be charged additionally. EU based companies with valid VAT number are exempt from VAT.
Students are entitled to register at preferential (reduced) fee rates. They have to prove eligibility for these rates by submitting (by fax or e-mail, immediately after completing the registration) an appropriate document certifying their full time enrolment at a recognised university or college (e.g. student ID card; confirmation duly signed and stamped by the applicant’s organization, etc.).
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION can be made by:
• submitting a completed online registration form for bank transfer payment
• submitting a completed online registration form for credit/debit card payment
• sending (by e-mail or fax) a completed downloadable registration form in Word format
After submitting the completed registration form all delegates will receive a confirmation of their registration, including the appropriate VAT invoice, by email. Please ensure that your valid email address is entered correctly in the registration form. Also, be sure to check your junk email box in case any of the LABAT’2021 email(s) are caught by spam filters.
If the full payment has not been credited to the conference bank account before the corresponding deadline (early or regular registration), the registration will remain valid, however the subsequent (higher) rate will apply automatically.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
Payment of all conference fees should be made by one of the following methods:
• In advance in EUR BY BANK TRANSFER (upon receipt of invoice) to the conference organizer bank account: UniCredit Bulbank, Sveta Nedelya Corporate Branch
Bank address: 7 Sveta Nedelya Sq., 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria
BIC code: UNCRBGSF
IBAN No: BG35 UNCR 9660 3410 0235 07
Beneficiary: Institute of Electrochemistry and Energy Systems (for LABAT’2021)
Please indicate the invoice number and date, as well as the delegate’s full name(s) as a reference on all bank transfers.
Note: All bank fees and money transfer costs must be paid by the sender.
• • In advance in EUR BY CREDIT/DEBIT CARD via IEES-BAS online purchase platform which requires registration there, accurate selection of LABAT’2021 Conference Fee ticket(s) and acceptance of IEES-BAS General Policy before payment. On check out the user is redirected to a secure BORICA server, where the cardholder is identified. The payment is made through a virtual Point of Sale (POS) - terminal with a debit or credit card bearing the trademarks of VISA INTERNATIONAL, MASTERCARD WORLDWIDE, BORICA AD and others, except those issued in the following countries: USA, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, United Arab Emirates, Belize, Bahrain, Colombia, Trinidad and Tobago, Kuwait, India and Nigeria.
Full payment must be received prior to the event. If such payment is insufficient or declined for any reason LABAT’2021 Secretariat may refuse to allow you to access the virtual event and shall have no liability in that regard.
Cancellation requests must be made in writing and sent by email or fax to the LABAT’2021 Conference Secretariat.
• Registrations cancelled in writing before May 25, 2021 will be refunded less a 30% cancellation fee
• No refunds can be made for cancellations requested after May 25, 2021. The date of receipt of the email or fax requesting cancellation will be the basis for considering refunds. Refunds will be made by bank transfer after the conference.
In case of over-payment or double payment, refund requests must be made in writing and sent to the LABAT’2021 Conference Secretariat by email. The over-paid amount, less a handling fee of EUR 50, will be refunded after the conference.
ACCESS TO THE EVENT
After making the full payment, the participant will receive all further information (especially for generating log-in the TVS Platform) via email. The participant will then gain access to all conference sessions, poster presentations, the virtual exhibition and networking/matchmaking events. This access is not transferable. The participant will be responsible for ensuring that he/she has the appropriate technical tools to be able to participate in the virtual event.
Conference and organizer cannot assume liability for any changes in the program due to external and unforeseen circumstances such as but not limited to cancellation of speakers, technical problems, etc. and reserves the right to cancel, postpone, relocate or change any of the sessions or to add new sessions and to make changes regarding speaker identity.
Updates will be published on the conference website regularly.
Event hours 10:00 – 18:00 GMT on all four conference days
Live sessions hours 12:00 – 15:00 GMT on all four conference days
On-demand access hours 00:00 – 24:00 GMT on all four conference days and up to 30 days after the event.
Technical Help desk hours 10:00 – 18:00 GMT on all four conference days
LABAT’2021 Secretariat hours 10:00 – 18:00 GMT on all four conference days
During conference sessions and presentations there are opportunities for interaction. The participant is aware that any questions will be asked publicly and furthermore the participant consents to them being published (on-demand offer of live stream). The participant is aware that when participating in video conference sessions, he/she will be visible and audible to other participants (camera and audio).
All the event-related documents, i.e. videos, presetations, posters, extended abstracts, advertizing materials are protected by copyright. The stated authors or copyright holders have exclusive rights to them. Participants are given a simple, non-transferable right of use for private use only. Duplication, digitisation, publication, sale, or giving access for downloading or any other use outside the event, even if only partially, requires the prior, explicit, and written approval of the author/copyright holder. Any copyright notices, labels, or trademarks may not be removed.
LABAT'2021 may be attended only by the registered participant. The participant commits to safeguard the copyrights and to attend LABAT'2021 individually within the scope of the contractual agreement for personal use. Any kind of misuse can be legally pursued.
Recordings by participants of images and sound are forbidden.
PHOTOGRAPHS & VIDEO STREAMING
The organiser of LABAT’2021 conference may without further consent of the participants use photographs and videos taken during the conference in any internal and external communications related to LABAT Conference, resp. LABD-IEES-BAS, including, but not limited to, its websites and mobile applications, social media pages, event daily newspapers, conference programme, newsletters, exhibition publications and reports. By registering for the event, the registrant explicitly agrees to the use of his/her image in any LABD-IEES-BAS publicity material without any compensation in perpetuity. All recordings are treated sensitively and discreetly. The organiser reserves the right to use photographs taken at the conference with your image and/or likeness in future marketing materials. The organiser cannot be held responsible for individual attendee’s use of your image or likeness.
CANCELLATION OF THE CONFERENCE
In the event that the conference cannot be held or is postponed due to events beyond the control of the conference organisers (force majeure) or due to events which are not attributable to wrongful intent or gross negligence of the conference organisers, the conference organisers cannot be held liable by delegates for any costs losses incurred. Under these circumstances, the conference organisers reserve the right to either retain the entire registration fee and to credit it for a future conference, or to reimburse the delegate after deducting costs already incurred for the organisation of the conference and which could not be recovered from third parties.
DATA PROTECTION AND SHARING OF CONTACT DETAILS
The protection of your data and the observance of your right of informational self-determination with regard to the collection, processing and use of your personal data are important issues for us. The organizer (LABD/IEES-BAS) will collect and store all personal data only for the purposes of the preparation and execution of the LABAT’2021 Conference and following issues in the series. In accordance with data protection and other applicable laws, sensitive data will be deleted after the conference, whereas personal data, payment history and correspondence will be stored for the period prescribed by law. LABD will not store any credit card data or any other sensitive data. Accepting this document, the participant agrees that the organizer will pass to TVS Platform the necessary personal data (e.g. first name, surname, email address, organization, job title and country) in order to set up participant’s login account for the event platform and participant’s account in the Networking Lounge with search options.
Further use of your data:
Newsletters and announcements
Provided you consent to these “Terms and Conditions”, the organiser will contact you (before, during and after the event) with regular newsletters providing updated information concerning the conference, as well as with annoucements of future LABAT Conferences or other events organized by LABD/IEES. You may unsubscribe of these mailings at any time and this will not affect the official correspondence from the LABAT Conference Secretariat. Emailings on behalf of third parties
Your consent provided, the organiser may periodically distribute e-mailings to delegates on behalf of third parties regarding activities during the conference or other communications, which may be of interest to professionals in the field (e.g. information on satellite symposia). You may unsubscribe of these e-mailings at any time and this will not affect the official correspondence from the conference secretariat. Email contact details of delegates will not be passed on to third parties except TVS Platform.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
LABAT'2021 Organizer will not be liable for the topicality, accuracy, and completeness of the documents presented at the event.
• Any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in information or content provided by the Speakers, attendees, sponsors, or hosts including any losses, injuries, or damages arising from the information or content’s display or use. Participant acknowledges that any reliance on the information, opinions, content, materials, and/or advice arising from the Conference shall be at Participant’s sole risk.
LABAT'2021 Organizer cannot be held liable for choosing the contractor with regard the event platform. • LABAT’2021 Organizer warrants that, acting reasonably and in good faith, makes its best efforts to apply all known best practices in organizing and conducting virtual conference events. To that end, TVS platform has been chosen for its reputation as an internationally recognized trusted and reliable provider of services related to the organization of virtual events. TVS Platform warrants that Services will be provided in a workmanlike manner, in accordance with industry standards and by individuals with suitable skills and abilities.
• By registering to the LABAT’2021 conference, the registrant understands and agrees that for the realization of the virtual event services, such as networks, facilities and technology, will be used which are not in possession or under LABAT’2021 organizer or TVS Platform direct control; therefore, LABAT’2021 organizer cannot provide warranties relating to such networks, facilities or technology.
• In no event will LABAT’2021 Organizer or TVS Platform be liable for any loss or damage, in contract, tort or otherwise, arising from or in any way connected with your use or access to the Conference or the TVS Platform, whether direct or indirect, including but not limited to damage for loss of business, loss of profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary or consequential loss that is either foreseeable or unforeseeable.
• The liability of the conference organizer - for whatever legal reason - shall be limited to intent and gross negligence. The delegate shall take part in the conference at his/her own risk.
FULFILMENT AND JURISDICTION
The parties irrevocably agree that the court of Bulgaria shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of, or in connection with, this agreement its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
General Terms and Agreements as per March 22, 2021
Accepting these terms and conditions is mandatory for participating in the LABAT’2021 Conference organised by LABD-IEES-BAS.