Instructions for Authors
IMPORTANT NOTE: LABAT'2020 is rescheduled to June 8-11, 2021 >>
Preparation of ORAL PRESENTATIONS
The official language of the Conference is English, no translation facilities will be provided.
You should time your talk for 20 minutes to present you paper, and 5 minutes for questions and discussion.
Presentation Slides Specifications:
- The recommended file type to be used for presentations is PowerPoint or Portable Document Format (PDF).
- Page set-up to widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio, landscape orientation.
- If videos are to be screened in your presentation, they should be inserted into the relevant slide(s), with the start-per-click-configuration, also in 16:9 format. Please keep a copy of all photos and videos embedded in your presentation in the same folder with the presentation itself to reduce the risk of failure to fetch the photo or video data. Videos should be preferably in the MP4 format.
- Please use popular fonts (like Arial, Calibri, Helvetica, Verdana etc.).
- Text fonts and figures inserted in the slides should be large enough to be easily read from a distance.
- Presentations should be emailed to the conference secretariat in advance of the event to avoid any technical issues on the day of the presentation.
- We recommend that you have your presentation saved on a USB flash drive or in your email account so that you can access it online.
Speakers will be informed of the tentative day and time of their presentation(s) before finalizing the technical program of LABAT’2020.
Preparation of EXTENDED ABSTRACTS
The submitted Extended Abstracts should be original unpublished papers.
All Extended Abstracts must be written in English on 4 pages (including figures, tables, references etc.) The pages should be formatted for A4 sized paper, leaving 2 cm margins on each side. Use single line spacing and preferably 12 pitch sized Times New Roman font, and do not divide the page into 2 or more columns. Leave two blank lines on top of the first page and type the TITLE (in capital letters, bold, centered), the name(s) of the author(s) followed by their affiliation and address. Leave two blank lines and start with the body of the abstract. Tables and figures must be embedded in the text. The basic ideas and major contributions of the research should be summarized briefly (in 2-3 sentences) at the end of the Extended Abstract. A list of references should also be provided. Please, do not insert page numbers!
Authors are kindly asked to follow strictly these instructions and observe the deadlines for Extended abstract submission as the LABAT Conference Proceedings volume (in both printed and electronic format) is published before the beginning of the conference. SCOPUS metrics evaluate the LABAT Conference proceedings impact.
Please use the Extended Abstract Template provided to help you prepare your abstract(s).
Extended abstracts SUBMISSION
Authors are expected to submit a camera-ready Extended Abstract (four A4 pages) of their paper, prepared following the above instructions, by 15 March 2020. Abstracts received after this date cannot be included in the Volume of Extended Abstracts, which must be submitted to the publishers in the beginning of April 2020.
Extended Abstracts shall be submitted electronically (preferably as attachment in MS Word or PDF format) to Dr. Geno Papazov, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or on CD/Flash memory drive by post/courier to the Conference Secretariat (link)
Preparation of POSTERS
Authors who prefer to contribute poster(s) rather than oral presentation(s) should inform the Conference Organizers of their preference. They also should prepare and submit extended abstracts of their poster presentations to be included in the LABAT’2020 Conference Proceedings.
- All posters are required to conform to portrait orientation.
- Poster boards sized 100x150 cm will be provided.
- Please use an appropriate paper/material.
- All texts, illustrations and graphics should be readable from a distance of 1-2 meters.
- Contributors should bring along their printed poster(s).
- At least one of the authors is expected to be in the vicinity of the poster to answer questions during the poster sessions.
- Electronic submission of posters in advance is not accepted. Poster presenters are kindly asked to bring along an electronic copy of their posters (on a USB flash drive) and hand it to the conference registration staff on arrival. The electronic copies will be included in the pack of presentations to be provided to all LABAT’2020 participants after the conference.